Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Book - Finding Your Way in a Wild New World


Pocket of time today - I am waiting for a contractor to come and attend to our centre-island kitchen countertop which is not attached and can tilt dangerously

So I thought I'd record one of the books I recently read.

I have enjoyed everything I have read written by Martha Beck.
I don't always agree with her views.
I find great value in the way she writes and what she proposes.

I enjoyed this book.


Some quotes I took from it:

"For wayfinders, skilful being must precede all doing." p xxv

"Playing to the point of enchantment is necessary medicine."  p29

"... learn to play like you mean it."  p29

"When did you stop feeling spontaneous joy? stop singing, stop dreaming?" p29

"Play can help our bodies and minds.... when I'm in pain, the way back to health is either deep rest or deep play."  p30

"When you want to dance, lying down is stress and dancing is stress release."  p30

"Determine your own play profiles, and then get busy playing, a lot."

"Death is the stripping away of all which is not you."  Eckhart Tolle

"Death is not the real terror, but (living) life - magically - is" Ben Okri p48

"Things once in contact remain in contact through all space and time."  Lynne McTaggart p59

"Maybe there's a simple, elegant, low-tech way to do something I've been doing in complicated ways."  p184

"All menders need mending."  p194

"By the end of the adventure (life) heroes can live in any combination of worlds, old or new, tamed or wild, combining the best aspects of both into one bountiful life." p203

"The road of trials leads to a life where all trials become blessings."  p203

No comments:

Post a Comment