Wednesday, November 21, 2018

In My Kitchen

For some reason I don't understand yet...
I am motivated to write on my blog again.

So - here is what I have in my kitchen area.
As i work there, I glance at these - they help me remember what is important to me every day.

I am passionate about - my family, living meaningfully and peacefully, being as physically healthy as possible, remembering who I am and who I am not, managing my mental health.

These are on my fridge-


This is the newest poster I compiled.  I love collages.  I love gathering bits and pieces from here and there and all sorts of sources and putting them together in a new way that 'speaks' to me.


Long ago, when Douglas was going into the defence force I was filled with dread and horror.  I had no idea into whose hands I was giving my precious son whom I had nurtured as carefully as I knew how.  I realised I believe he is also the son of my God.  I 'handed him over' to his Father who could be where I could no longer be in his life.  In the subsequent years I have handed each of my children into the hands of Jesus Chirst - whose disciple I choose to be - and whom I hope they will consider their Saviour too.  These pictures remind me that I have given each of them 'into His hands.'

The picture of Jesus with a boy is for Douglas,  Jesus with the boy in His arms and the girl holding His hand is for Angela and unusual- needs Samuel.  The big picture of Jesus with the blond girl is for Gillian - it is the first picture I put up a long time ago.  The picture of Jesus hugging the girl is for Dianne.  Douglas' and Dianne's pictures I have changed since I started.  I like these two pictures better to represent Jesus with them.  For years I looked for a girl with reddish hair.  I simply yellow- highlighted this girls brown hair and now it has a reddish hue.  The circle is from a very long ago Oprah magazine.  It has HOPE engraved on it.  I hope for each of my precious children.  The feather in it is my private thrill of remembering when I see a feather that angels are around us all the time.  I know... real angels do not have feathered wings...  I just like to remember whenever I see a feather, wherever I am.  The angel keyring is what I gave each of my daughters, including Nadia for Christmas, last year.  "Make the everyday day extraordinary" reminds me that I never know when my last day will be.  I want to have an extraordinary day every day.  If nothing has made it extraordinary by four pm each day, then I do something that will make it extraordinary for me.  My every day is extraordinary to me.


I love pictures and symbolism and colours.  The lady sitting in the bottom left picture is from an article about depression.  I am inclined to be depressed if I am not alert.  I consider "Depression" as a messenger to me that "Something in my Life Needs to Change!"  I take the Time-Out I need when I need extra Time-Out.  I take at least an hour Time Out early each morning to 'pre-set' myself for the day - remind myself of what is important to ME and how I want to live this beautiful day before me.

I love the quote by President Gordon B Hinckley.  I love the poster of the armour of God from a New Era magazine - I think - a long time ago.  I found this on the internet nd made a copy.  I loke the other list of questions to ponder - I move the prestik to a new one and a new one to consider.  The four green strips are from a book I read about being a wild woman.  I am at heart.  They remind me to be myself, my best self.  "It's time" reminds me to take seriously a commitment I made a very long time ago.


I loved this when I saw it.  I cut it out and stuck it where I can see it.  I love each new day.  I love it when wonderful things happen.  Wonderful things do happen each day - I breathe, I move, I see, I hear, I taste and I, my skin, inner and outer layer (inside and outside of my body) experiences sensation, I think, I read, I love, I pray, I create... and a whole lot more.  I am very blessed.  And thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment