Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Focus - 2019



from “Alive Again” notebook

1/1         QuestionWhat will I give my life to and for each day of 2019?         
8/1         Grow.  Growth provides me with valuable experience.
15/1       Stop complaining.  It’s time to get my house in order.
22/1       Deal with ‘it.’  I may not like ‘it.’  Find a way to deal with ‘it’ anyway.
29/1       Accept.  The key to surviving change is to accept its inevitability.
5/2         Change.  Some changes will take generations after me to yield a harvest from seeds I
              plant this week.
12/2       Choose wisely.  Consequences come sooner or later as a result of my inactions, as 
              well as actions. 
19/2       Be aware.  My role is to prepare the way for those who choose to follow me.
26/2       Death is certain.  The hour is uncertain.  I will make good use of every hour, every day. 
5/3         Ask.  Can I do it?  Will it work?  Is it worth it? 
12/3       Be a “success seeker” rather than a “failure avoider.”
19/3       Be me.  It takes courage to be myself, to be different, to be who I am sent here to be.
26/3       My trials can be for my good - when I consecrate my performance to being good and 
              doing good.
2/4         Know.  Violation of trust and denial of truth: will lead me to diminished options and 
              opportunities.
9/4         Focus on my realistic plans for my future rather than moping about and wallowing in 
               my past.
16/4       I will increasingly love the flawed and imperfect person I am – and make progress 
              every day.    
23/4       I will do a five-minute favour – for someone else as I am able, and for myself when I 
              need it.
30/4       I will make time for the talented part of me to work on my passion and be innovative. 
7/5         Choose a small, favourite object.  What can this help me remember when my anxiety 
               wells up?
14/5       Creative thinking can help me make any space I live in better, and more beautiful.
21/5       Imagine.  Change has to first start in my mind.
28/5       Help myself and others.  Have a plan, a purpose.
4/6         Who can I enable to succeed?  Find one person.  Then another.
11/6       Boldly transform.  Put people before things.  Put myself before my possessions.
18/6       Get to know someone new.  Look into their eyes.  Watch them.  Listen to them.
25/6       Get support from someone capable when my going gets tough. Ask for help!
2/7         Learn.  Start every day with “What can I learn today that will bless my life?”
9/7         Don’t repeat myself.  Make every word of my sentences count. 
16/7       Be prepared - to be amazed!
23/7       Get on with the people in my life.  Learn how to get on better with them.
30/7       Enjoy some music - Music can make me more at peace with my world.
6/8         Don’t be one of them.  There are always “people chirping in the side-lines.”
13/8       Say farewell consciously.  You never know when it is for the last time.
20/8       Talk about “the lessons I have learnt,” rather than my failures.
27/8       I can do this… Be polite, assertive and fair with people who have different ways, 
              different opinions.   
3/9         My life is my story.  I am the main character in it.  How is my story unfolding this week?
10/9       My fears have images. The ones I choose to allow space in my life will influence my 
              choices.
17/9       Beware.  Do not be blinded by certainty – someone else’s, even my own.
24/9       Live abundantly - within my resources!  Financial, emotional, physical, social, spiritual, 
              vocational.
1/10       Remember to return everything borrowed – in an improved condition than when I 
              borrowed it.
8/10       Stop!  Cease blaming other people. Press forward – steadfastly.
15/10     Admit when I make a mistake.  Do what I can to make reasonable amends for it.   
22/10     Give clothes I do not wear anymore to someone else.
29/10     Walk every day – take a thirty-minute walk at least every week, and also as often as 
              possible.
5/11       Strive for improvement and excellence – not perfection.
12/11     Be punctual.  Be early rather than late.
19/11     Don’t argue.  Get yourself organised.
26/11     Take time-out every day to be alone.  Learn to be alone without being lonely.
3/12       Cultivate good manners that serve me well across cultures.
10/12     Realise – Life is Not Fair.  It is what it is. Learn to navigate and negotiate my 
              way forward.
17/12     Know when, why, and how to keep my mouth shut.
24/12     Take the time, make the time, to be holy.   
31/12     Reflect.  Think about what I learnt from this past year.  Plan for a better 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment