Sunday, July 11, 2021

Breakfast Smoothie

Blend 3/4 blender of fresh or frozen spinach with boxed mango juice.
Pour into separate mixing jug.



Chop 1 cored apple, 1 peeled orange, 1 peeled lemon, 3 carrots, 1 beetroot, a thumb knuckle of ginger and 1 peeled pineapple.


Blend two ladlesful at a time with added boxed mango juice.  I usually use about a litre of mango juice for this quantity of fruit and vegetables.  Empty each blending into the mixing jug.


Stir all together.  Ladle into 3 X 750ml glass bottles.


There might be some over, then I ladle into an appropriate smaller bottle. 


 Store in the fridge.  This quantity usually lasts me 9 or 10 days.

Keep separately in the fridge:  1/2 cup each of natural sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. Grind them together.  I use a coffee grinder.

Each day I stir and pour some of the mixture into my glass for my breakfast smoothie.  Then I add and mix in 3 - 4 glugs (tablespoons?) of cold-pressed flax oil, 1 sprinkle (teaspoon to dessertspoon?) of chia seeds, and 2 tablespoons of ground, flax, pumpkin and natural sesame seeds.


I like to drink as much as I can with a thickish straw, and use a dessertspoon for the last little bit that sometimes has a lump or more that is too thick for the straw.

Enjoy! if you feel inclined to try this smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment