Sunday, February 12, 2017

Wordlessness and Words

I'm reading a book at the moment.  The author talks about the state of wordlessness which is a state beyond silence.  One can be silent and yet have thoughts framed in words in our minds.

So, yesterday at around 8am Glenn went for a swim in the sea.  His first since we have been here.  We went to Umhlanga beach.  He made his way into the sea.  I found a quiet and shady place under the life-guards station.  As I dropped into silence and then wordlessness I relished the sparkling sunlight on the waves rolling in and flopping onto the beach.  So glistening, so beautiful.  I sat and breathed in the blustery air, enjoyed the sun on my feet, the cool of the rest of me in the shade of the overhead platform, enjoyed the muted sounds of the people all around me and the rippling sound of the waves..  They were small ones.  A lovely Time Out Of Time.



 Today we had a young man from our Ward for lunch.  Paul Kriel.  We enjoyed good food and good company.  How fortunate I feel to mingle with older and younger of all classes, cultures, viewpoints and experiences. Life is good.  I'm glad to be alive, here, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment