Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday Afternoon - 24th March 2019 - I Never Thought I Would

I Never Thought I Would…
Some things I am very particular about –

I like ‘smart pegs’ – sort of opaque plastic pegs.
When we moved here – I couldn’t find them.
So I got what I thought would suit me best –

I never thought I would become so fond of them.
I have.



I like my bowls and measuring spoons at home – white.
I inherited colourful nesting sets from the Durban Mission
donation of not-needed furniture and household goods.

I never thought they would gladden my heart so much.
They do.




I never thought I would pack a bag every morning.
With the work being done on the parking area near our
container office and parking being scarce…
I decided to make my life easier, less stressful,
and park near the entrance and walk to our office.
It’s a fair distance.
I used to have my handbag, and my computer bag, and my lunch.
I’d walk a short distance to the container.
That just didn’t work with my new decision.
I found a light backpack at Pick ‘n Pay that I like very much.
– my 72 hour kit one at home got stolen since we have been away,
so this would do for when we got home too.
Now I put my computer and mouse in the backpack,
only my purse from my handbag, and my lunch in the backpack.
Hands free as I walk to the office.

The heart I put on it reminds me to "Be the love you want to see."



I used to put on my socks and shoes, hat and hard-hat and
safety vest on when I got to the office.
Now I do that at my car.
I can take photos, pause to chat, or watch as I make the journey
to the office, and back to my car when I leave.
I can do this while I am here…
Or – for as long as necessary.
It works for me…  For now.

I never thought I could live so far from my children,
grandchildren and great-grandchildren and be happy.
And here we are!  Far from all of you!
And I enjoy a special and very deep contentment.
Anxiously engaged in this good cause.

My deep peace and delight is a peculiar joy to me.
I hope it lasts longer than our Mission here.
I am very grateful for countless Tender Mercies – every day!
However long these roll out.
Into every life some rain must fall…
It may be my turn again sometime in the future…



Photo:  from the first floor passage across to the sea.
I love to go there and enjoy the view. 
Sunrises are gorgeous from this viewpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment