Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Afternoon - 9th March 2019 - Forgetting and Remembering



 I’ve done some forgetting this week…
I forgot Samuel’s birthday… on Friday…  Thank you Angela for reminding me…
I forgot to pay our accommodation costs on the first of the month…I paid today…
I forgot my familiar code to open my computer!... I’m glad I’m not locked out…

And I remembered a whole lot of things too!

I remembered to print photos of some of the workers on the site.
I remembered to visit Maureen, Glenn’s cousin
(Glenn’s Dad’s brother’s daughter) in Umhlanga Private hospital still,
after by-pass surgery on Wednesday, I think – the days blur.
I remembered to keep sane!  I remembered to do some Tai Chi on the beach…
I remembered to keep both my ability to listen to all sorts and to
not lose my sense of humour.

Vi walked out of John and Brenda’s garage towards Brenda’s car Friday 1st March. 
Her walking stick went through the drain grate and she toppled backwards.
Her right arm, inside her unaffected blouse sort of split open!
John and Brenda quickly got her to the ER at Amanzimtoti’s Kingsway Hospital.
They referred her to a plastic surgeon who usually functions from
Chatsworth private hospital.
She transferred there and had plastic surgery on Friday afternoon.
She has spent Friday to Thursday this week in Chatsworth hospital.
Chatsworth is a virtually all Indian area.
She was excellently cared for.
She was wished-well like a celebrity when she left.
She is back home now with John and Brenda.
We were able to visit every day except yesterday (Friday.)
We are on our way to visit now…
I am typing whilst I am in the car.

I was glad to get my weekly collage done Thursday and Friday. 
I am usually finished by Wednesday.
I have the report still to do… I will get to it when I can today.

As I glance up – I love the green and lushness all around!
What a wonderful place KZN is in that regard…

Sunday Afternoon: 

Vi is still frail, and looking a whole lot better than when we saw her on Thursday.

John and Glenn fetched pizza, fish, chips and salad. 

We ate at home with them.






















Glenn cut her toe nails after a foot-spa soak, and then her finger nails.

















We came home grateful… and tired!


This photo of us was taken for Jarom –
he was off to the Johannesburg MTC on Friday.
He is off to the Cape Town Mission soon.
Samuel’s birthday was Friday.


Today (Sunday) is Cabryn’s 14th birthday…

It’s been an EVENTFUL week! 
Have a GOOD and loving, serving week ahead!
We love you…  I hope you always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment