Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday Morning - 27th August 2019 - More Family Time!


It’s been a lovely week, and I’ve muddled and juggled along as best I could.

A new day of our "nice quiet life" after the wonderful flurry of the previous eleven days or so…

It will be good to sleep in our own bed again too.


For the time Patrick and Angela were here we slept at one of our colleagues’ home on the same estate.  We could walk there… We often do… at the end of each busy day - we chose to drive.


A supper together last week at Amanzimtoti's Clearwater Spur

Vi, John, Brenda, Craig, Roxane, Madi, Kirsty, Doug, Nadia, Ethan Daena, Cabryn, 
Patrick, Angela, Samuel, Isaac, Glenn and I - 



Flag Animal Farm last Saturday was a family affair – Vi, John and Brenda, Craig, Roxane, Madi and Kirsty, Patrick, Angela, Samuel and Isaac, and Glenn and I.





I saw a black sheep...  I thought "I never realised there were actually black sheep..."


And the four-horned sheep.  It looks like three here, but there's a little fourth out of sight.


This touched my heart.








 

We ended up at the Umhlanga's Miami Spur for our last meal with Patrick, Angela, Samuel and Isaac on Monday evening.  I love to hear the soothing sounds of the sea as we eat there.

We had spent time during the day at the lovely Durban Botanic Garden.



We saw bananas growing!


And the canon ball tree...




Samuel and Isaac loved their "climbing tree."



We saw this noble pair...


Isaac enjoyed climbing...



Many years ago I took a photo of Douglas and Angela in the Orchid House.  And another of her today in the Orchid House.  When I get home I will find it and add it in here - for the record!


This lovely coloured bark tree is from the saligna (gum-tree) family...


Their 'climbing tree" again...



Isaac enjoyed the "bouncing tree" more than Samuel.


And the sensory garden...



An old-fashioned pump...



And obstacle course...



And the paint-brush lilies - as I call them.


Feeding the ducks...


They left on a direct early morning flight this morning.

It’s been so good to share some time with them, and with Doug, Nadia, Ethan, Daena and Cabryn for three days the previous week.  The two groups visited Ushaka and made memories while we were on the site.

I’m so grateful they could all be here.  I’m glad it was possible.
It often isn’t…
And – life is good… my life is very good, every day!

Today I did three loads of laundry along with work at the site.
This evening we will return mattresses and linen borrowed from our other colleague Anton Fourie.
We will gratefully fall into our own bed tonight after a simple supper!

Tomorrow morning the linen from our stay at Alan Rudolph’s home will be ready for returning.

Patrick, Angela and the boys arrived safely and are home from the flurries here.

And – on we go!

My love to all of my loved-ones...

It’s a precious privilege to serve our Father in Heaven and His Son full time…

Happy Me… 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment