Monday, December 16, 2019

Another Whirr of a Week


Sunday morning – 15th December 2019 

A week of sorting, saving and sharing -
Bringing increasing order and familiarity to my home and world.

This week I shared some more things with the Charity Shop.
Then I thought “I wonder if anyone in the Ward needs any of this…”
I’m not on the Relief Society WhatsApp group yet…
So that is what I will be sure to have happen today.
I asked to be put on last Sunday… it’s not been done yet.

On Wednesday I went to the hair-dresser.
I always feel better after taking care of my hair…

Somehow or other I have developed a breath-gasping back-ache.
That’s required flat bed rest when it gets too intrusive.
On Friday I sought a chiropractor.
The one I used to go to was going on leave.
So was another I know.
I found one up the road, near the Junction Spar.
I went to him of Friday.
A work-out of note…
Today I feel more comfortable than I have for a week.
Here’s hoping my comfort level increases to my normal soon.

Friday evening we gathered at Doug and Nadia.
After a simple supper, and family socializing,
Ethan was ordained an Elder by Doug, assisted by Glenn and
Sheldon Torr representing the Soweto Stake.
Jarom was able to be “there” via phone.
It was a heart-warming experience.




















I joined my WeighLess group in Weltevreden Park on Saturday.
I will be checking in every Saturday at 8am.
That just reminds me of accountability for maintaining my goal weight.
I made a resolution about 48 years ago to maintain a healthy weight.
It saves money on clothes!  And saves pain and discomfort…  I hope.
I’ve been in my goal-weight range for many years – thanks to checking-in
almost weekly with WeightWatchers (now pulled out of the country.)
and now WeighLess – a South African programme.  Better than WeightWatchers –
though I prefer the name WeightWatchers I must say...
(Last Saturday morning we were at the Temple with Richard and Emily.)
(Another Emily in the ‘family!’)

I have now found a dry-cleaner to take Glenn’s suit to…
I bought and put together a dual rail for the spare-room store-room.
I’m proud of myself!  I thought along the way “Not all the pieces are here…”
But they were… and I found a way to put it together…




















(Glenn was at the chiropractor on Saturday morning.)

We joined Arthur and Denise Butterfield and the Dessert Club for lunch on Saturday.
We enjoyed a delicious meal – thank you Arthur and Denise.
I enjoyed catching-up with those whom we have met with monthly for many years.
I’m shocked I must say.  They all look so much older…
Sobering…  I wonder if we look “so much older…” to them.
Food for thought…  
I don’t feel older… except for the recovering back-ache…

Glenn and I both spoke in our Discovery Ward Sacrament meeting this morning.

Monday Morning (public holiday - Day of Reconciliation)

This morning I feel a little tearful.  Not sure why.
Maybe I’m just peopled-out.
Time to go and spend a couple of hours in the Botanic Garden.
I’ll go and visit my Dad’s grave too.
I have stones to add to those probably still there.
(I take stones from where I have been and lay them there when I can.)
I did a Tai Chi routine this morning in the front garden
Then spent 10 minutes in the garden.
One patch is a little clearer.
I will do ten minutes when I can – back permitting.
My back feels a little easier this morning.
I will take care of it so it can take care of me!

Have a good week!







No comments:

Post a Comment