Sunday, March 28, 2021

Discovery Ward Newsletter Article

 I prepared this for our Ward newsletter for April:

“The earth is the Lord's,
and the fulness thereof;
the world,
and they that dwell therein.”
Psalm 24 (emphasis added)
 
In other words… everything, and everyone,
actually belongs to the Lord.
 

How are we each doing in our Stewardship of the earth (planet earth,) the fullness thereof (its fruitfulness,) the world (our part of the earth where we live and move and have our daily being,) and all living creatures and the people who dwell around us (including ourselves?)
 
We were born… and, one day, sooner or later, we will each say goodbye to this earth, goodbye to our opportunity for adding any value in our world; we’ll say goodbye to everything we ‘own’ or use, and goodbye to everyone we know here and love.  Also, we will say goodbye to those we neglected, ignored and treated disrespectfully or cruelly.  The time will be past for softening our hearts, humbling ourselves, being of good cheer, proceeding fearlessly and wisely, doing good, and continuing daily, with faith in our every footstep.   
 
We will move into the Spirit World where new dimensions will unfold to our spiritual senses.  As we then look back… We will regret some of our thoughts, words and deeds, knowing we could have done better. We will be grateful for trusting and following our Saviour, and those who had more experience and knew more than we did.  And we will be relieved about our intentional and intelligent decisions made while we had the chance living here on this earth.
 
Since, in the pre-existence, we rejoiced in The Plan, and are now Stewards here for the space of our mortal lives, how are we doing?  Here are some questions we might ask ourselves…
 
The earth: Do I notice this lovely earth and thank my Heavenly Father?  
How can I do better?
The fullness thereof:  What am I doing to multiply and replenish, to enjoy, 
the fruitfulness of my small piece of the earth?  
How can I wisely do a little better each week of my life?
The world:  Who am I?  
How can I become more of Jesus’ Light, of His Life, in my world?
They that dwell therein:  In what ways do I now responsibly bless 
the lives of other Sons and Daughters of God – 
especially those that live around me?  
How can I do better?
In what ways do I respect, honour and encourage myself?  
How do I speak to and of myself?  

One day we’ll each return and report to Him Whom We profess to Follow, 
our Saviour, our Redeemer, our Lord –
and we shall also stand before our Father, His Father!

We CAN clothe ourselves in our righteousness garments. 
With our inspired choices we can be of greater worth and service 
to our Lord, and also to our Brothers and Sisters… 
And, our little world and this beautiful earth will be better.
May we relish and cherish every single day we have left.




No comments:

Post a Comment