Tuesday, November 24, 2015

This and That - The Last Two Weeks

For the record - one of my favourite pictures.



The last of the jacaranda...


Scenes at one of my places of refuge - the Botanic Gardens.


While I was sitting watching the birds building their nests...
Two ladies walked past me.

One came back after a minute or so with a message for me.
"I felt impressed to come back and tell you -
Jesus loves you.
He has a work for you to do.
Don't give up."

I said "Thank you."
And pondered on the incident
wile I continued watching the birds busy with their nest-building.
I must say my heart was warmed.




Repairs of the footbridge near the waterfall.


I took a walk along the fern trail.


These plants between the stones are named after one of our ancestors - 
Marjorie Dymond.
Botanical name:  dymondia margaretae
Perhaps her name was Margaret Les?
I always thought she was Marjorie Dymond.
I know my mother's sister was Marjorie Dymond.
Perhaps I am confused...




A pause in the Patio Project to deal with a leak problem in the pool.
Started out as a leak problem,
ended up replacing the motor, and also the sand in the filter.
This took a few days...

The beach umbrella is there to give Glenn some shade while he was working there.
The days are sometimes blazing hot with temperatures occasionally reaching 36C.
The lows on the other hand have been around 6 - 8C.
We dress for the weather!



Back to the patio project.



Vi took a stumble and Glenn made rails for the stairs.
Here they are being painted.



Personally and nationally we have been praying for rain.
The rain clouds gather.






No rain yet...
Back to the patio project.



The bathroom window is fitted.


More hopes and prayers for rain.



And the work continues.



And then rain!  Storm!  Hail!



We are truly thankful for every bit of rain!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

Then the pool gate near the house got set in place again.


And then it's on to electrics for the new bedroom area.


And filling in the shell of the new bathroom wall.



And down came torrents of rain again!  
A small area in the new bathroom doesn't have the existing glass roof - 
so it had to be boarded up or we would have had 
a pool of water with no place to drain.

Hurriedly Glenn put up boards to cover the open space, 
and buckets beneath to catch the drips.

We are truly thankful for the rain. 



The new laundry side of the temporary roof covering.


Off to shop for our new basin.


And another early Friday morning trip to the Temple.
Absolutely gorgeous sunrise!
I love my trips in the early morning...






Back to the patio project - the laundry area roof cross stays.




And painting inside the back door last Saturday.


The wall-boards joins filled in preparation for painting.


The outside of the new back door painted.


The laundry roof sheeting purchased and lying on the floor in the bedroom area.


A summary of the past two weeks around here...
Oh!  And 8 bottles of apricot jam done!

We sincerely hope for more rain this afternoon/evening...
We gladly receive every drop that falls.
We have water restrictions at present.
No pool filling or using a hose for any reason
between 6am and 6pm.
That made the pool repairs more complicated - but that's now done.

And so we go on...One day at a time sweet Jesus...


No comments:

Post a Comment