Sunday, January 3, 2016

Review of 2015

1.       What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Fell down the stairs and broke my wrist and needed plastic surgery on my forehead.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I can’t remember…
Yes I will make resolutions (goals…) I always do.  And I will write them this year and put them where I can remind myself of them through the year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my granddaughter Cheryn Guest – a girl – Emily;
my niece Cindy Powrie Wentzel – a girl - Scarlett

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No…

5. What countries did you visit?
United Arab Emirates – passing through on the way to and from England
England – Surrey, Somerset, Isle of Wight
South Africa - KZN

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More consistent clarity of mind.

7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can’t think of a particular one.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My body recovering from my fall down the stairs.
Making it through the year.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think much in terms of failure… my life events and circumstances give me experience.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Injury - falling down the stairs.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to England.
My replacement laptop computer.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everybody I know, myself included – most of the time.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Everybody I know, myself included – some of the time.

14. Where did most of your big-spend money go?
Patio project.
Plane tickets to England.

15. What did you get really excited about?
The births this year – Emily and Scarlett. 
And their Mom’s managing it!

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
Nothing particular comes to mind…

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both happier and sadder in different ways
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner - in my WeightWatchers goal range
c) richer or poorer?  Richer in some ways and poorer in some other ways

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading?

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Explaining?

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Douglas, Nadia and family and extended family and friends.

21. Where did you begin the year; and where did you end it?
At home, at home – home sweet home.

22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
More in love with, and appreciative of, my husband.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Dr Phil, Dr Oz, Nature programmes, Voetspore, Amazing Race, Survivor.

24. What was the best book you read?
I can’t remember.  I only read good books and magazines, so all of them?

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing comes to mind…

26. What did you want and get in 2015?
A visit with my daughters and their families.

27. What did you want and not get?
The patio project finished… it is nearing completion.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing comes to my mind.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don’t remember – I’m sure we marked the occasion… 
I am 70 and excited to be 70!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing in particular.  My life is real and satisfying in all it's experiences.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
"Appropriate" for the weather and the occasion.
I love plenty of black with pops of colour.

32. What kept you sane?
My daily and weekly routines.
Reading every day.
Being myself.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mmusi Maimani – I am hopeful for some increasingly thoughtful  and effective opposition in government.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The replacement of our finance minister, then the replacement of the new one after 4 days!

35. Who did you miss?
My family overseas.
My family in Cape Town.

36. Who was the most interesting new person you met?
Dianne’s friend, Hayley Dodd.  Angela’s friend, Viv, I think her name is.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
Again… “Outward appearances can be very deceiving.”

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“God is so good,
God is so good,

God is so good, He’s so good to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment