Saturday, January 14, 2017

Here's to a Glorious 2017



1.       What did you do this past year that you'd never done before?
Came on our missionary assignment. 
Wear a missionary badge.
Relocated to Kwa Zulu-Natal.
Donned construction site gear.
Attended site meetings.
Travelled to UK from King Shaka International Airport.

2.       Did you keep your new year's resolutions?
Yes.  I set ones I can keep.

Will you make more for next year?
Yes.
Follow the “Focus for 2017” I formulated.

3.       Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Cheryn gave birth to twins.

4.    Did anyone close to you die?
        No.
        Maybe a little more of my ‘pride?’  my ‘illusion?’

5.    What countries did you visit?
        Passed through United Arab Emirates en route to England.         

6.    What would you like to have next year that you lacked last year?
        More regular accounting – administering our budget more diligently…

7.    What date from this last year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2nd June – the day the twins were born.

8.    What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through the year being sufficiently healthy, wealthy and wise.

9.    What was your biggest failure?
Slipping up on my blogging…


10.  Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes – slipped and broke/dislocated my toe (not sure which…)
Fell at Isle of Wight Ward Christmas party.
Stumbled in bedroom over shopping bag handles.
Slipped on wet wooden decking.
Chesty stuff on Isle of Wight and still lingering.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets to UK.
Black T shirts for site.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
        My own. 
I was on occasion despised, rejected, a woman of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
        Although in agony at times, I believe I mastered my tongue.

13. Whose behavior made you disappointed?
I know whose…  I’m not writing their names down.
I know the behaviour of others is not my business, it’s theirs and their God’s - if they believe in God..
My own thoughts, behaviour and words are my business.


14. Where did most of your big-spend money go?
Plane tickets to visit our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the UK.

15. What did you get really excited about?
        Being called on a mission.
        Having twin great-grandsons born.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of the past year?
        Called to serve Him, Heavenly King of Glory…

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder?  Both happier and sadder in different ways.

 b) thinner or fatter?  Thinner.

 c) richer or poorer? Richer in some ways and poorer in others.

18.  What do you wish you'd done more of?
        Blogging?

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Not sure… I tend to 'sift and save' along the way.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Patrick, Angela, Roxanne, Vincent, Samuel and Isaac, plus Jan, Jean, Nigel.
        I was sick.

21. Where did you begin the year; and where did you end it?
In Gauteng, in the UK.

22. Did you fall in love this past year?  With whom?
Yes.  With my family – they’re each unique, special and irreplaceable.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Haven’t watched TV for seven months.  No TV reception…  Don’t Know.

24. What was the best book you read?
Don’t remember…  It’s been rather a blur of a year…

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Spanish goat bells… hear the bells, follow them - they lead to the shepherd.

26. What did you want and get this past year?
Never dreamt I would be able to!  A mission call.

27. What did you want and not get?
More mending than was done of relationships amongst my children and their families.

28. What films were memorable this year?
Sully.  Miss Peregrine’s home for peculiar children. The light between oceans.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember… I turned 71 on 17th April.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A little more income than expenditure.  Or a little less expenditure than income?


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept this past year?
My own style – black, black, black.  For some reason wearing black makes me feel happy.

32. What kept you sane?
        My personal daily routines – early morning study and quiet time, bath in the afternoon.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
        (Now ex) Public protector Thuli Madonsela

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
        Interested – I don’t get stirred politically – the SABC journalists saga.

35. Who did you miss?
My children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and siblings… in Gauteng, England and Cape Town.

36. Who were the best new people you met?
My great-grandsons.
The Durban Temple site team.
Helga Steadman
Gabriel Orwadi
Sister Wood
President Thompson


37. What is a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
All things are possible… both heart-warming and hear-rending.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
        Onward ever onward…
Forward, pressing forward…
God my strength will be, press forward, ever called to serve my King.





No comments:

Post a Comment