Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday Afternoon - April 28th 2019 - New Phone, Books I Read


Sigh… some days I think of Hilmar when he says…”What a day…”
Well, for me it’s been “What a week…”  two weeks…
sometimes these times comes upon me, sometimes it’s a result of self-imposed activity. 
I suppose a bit of both in this case.

Well, here I am on this Sunday afternoon.
We had cyclonic rain and rain and rain last Monday.  John and Brenda took us to see the amazing sight of a cave in in Seadoone.  Sobering…  Life can change in an instant – it did for “them.”
My car was parked in the basement and the rain even wet the inside part of my car! 
I’m not sure how that is possible… but it was.

I am grateful for our safety here.  And the site was unscathed.  Tender Mercies.
I am grateful Douglas and Ethan were spared harm.
I’m sorry for the van… but rather the van than them…

My phone battery has been running out and running out. 
On Monday it wouldn’t open at all.
We have been talking about what to do… when… if…
So – it was off to get a new phone for Glenn and I inherit his old one.
Hours and hours of information transfer from his old phone to his new one.
LOTS of walking from one end of Gateway shopping Mall to the other,
and then back again, and back again.
I must say I was physically tired for two days.  I was surprised.
Mind expanding learning curve in customizing his/my phone to him/me.
I’m grateful that is past… or rather… passing.

I’ve listened to 14 hours of fascinating and faith promoting podcasts called “Questioning Saints.”
I thing I would have called it Exploring or Searching Saints or something like that.
Anyway – I am one who questions…
Paul said “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” 1 Thes 5:21
I do.
It gave me much food for thought and I’m glad I took the time to listen and learn.

I’ve also loved the books I have been reading.
I treasure this time out of time to serve the Lord and because I am away from
all things ‘home’ I have more time to read.  I love that.
This time is very precious to me.

You are all much on my mind as I go forward and backward doing the things that are
mine to do at this time and in these weeks.
I have felt like I was on a treadmill.
And I knew I couldn’t keep up the pace – something had to slow down.
Part conscious effort… part “this time” passing…
Now I need to balance some and take some time out…

I hope you speed up or slow down as you need to!
Our own lives… a privilege, an opportunity and a responsibility to make the most of them!
I love the phrase of Judge Judy (Scheindler)
“It’s your life!  Live it well!”
I try to remember that.

Mom/Judy


I took this photo on my/our birthday and wedding anniversary.

Thank you for all your good wishes…


Do you remember the three red bags I made for you Angela, Dianne and Gillian?
I’m glad to have them here!  I use all three and think of you with me when I use one or the other.

My car rained on in the inside of the parking garage!


The books I recently returned to the library


and the new ones I took out and am reading - 
A paragraph here and there, sometimes a page or two.


Granny Vi’s healing arm
Just one spot still to close.


The great cave-in at Seadoone.  Sobering…


About 3-5? Km from where John and Brenda live.
Three cars have been removed from the scene.
One and a half houses gone.
Two houses on either side of the one gone damaged.
A whole swimming pool somewhere in that rubble.
Many other houses damaged and washed away. 
Many people homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment