Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunday Afternoon - 5th May 2019 - Les and Sally Visit

National and Provincial elections upon us…
Election fever all around!
I pray that we may come through this highly charged time with some semblance of ‘free and fair’
– is that ever possible? Realistically? 

Last week Les and Sally visited for almost three days.
What a treat!
I took Friday off and went with them –
To the beach



To the Durban Botanical Garden - thanks Les for the photos including me - 

Robert Burns - 

Scottish original,
“O wad some Power the giftie gie usto seeoursels as ithers see us!" 

Or, in modern English, 
“Oh would some Power the gift give usto see ourselves as others see us.”











My favourite art installation in the Botanical Gardens.









My very favourite tree in KZN.  It's on my drive home from the site.  It is beautiful!


And the one in the Botanical Gardens.  I discovered what it is called!



I loved this view on our way out of the Botanical Gardens.


To the Pinetown museum at the library





And to Phezulu Safari Park to drink in the view of the Valley of a Thousand Hills

Les' photo of the thousand hills -



I think it was Sally who noticed this quote from Dr Seuss.  I love it!


It was a hazy day, so we didn’t see much - of the thousand hills.  We had a tranquil time there.

And on we go!

Remember always that I love you!



Mom
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment