Thursday, May 14, 2015

I Am Blessed!

I fell down about five stairs last Friday in the Temple after the early morning session
and landed up in the ER.
 
I had a good chuckle at this speed limit on the wheelchair I was sitting in!
 

I assure you there is a comfortable speed at which to be pushed
and a bone-rattlingly too fast speed.
Perhaps it is 12 MPH.


Here we are waiting for a head scan.
I have a broken wrist, fortunately I am left handed.
 
You can maybe see the blood on the front of my shirt.
That wet next to my skin was uncomfortable.
I loosely bundled up the bandage turned into a sling used by the
first-aid people and shoved it up my front to keep me comfortably dry.
As the day passed and the blood dried and the shirt got brittle I was very happy
for the comfort-bandage between my shirt and me.
 
 
My right wrist to my elbow is set in a half-cast.  we dress the four gashes every couple of days.
I will go back in a week from now to either have surgery or a full cast.
I sincerely hope for the full cast option.
 
I had plastic surgery for the star shaped deep gash on my temple.
 

The spiderman-net came off last Monday.
The stitches come out next Thursday.
 
Swelling subsiding. 
Fairly extensive bruises turning yellow - the healing continues.
 

I am on the mend!
Almost one week down and probably five to go.
 
I have lots of concerned and interested people helping me when I need help.
I think this is probably the first time I am at the
receiving end of meals brought in by my Family and Sisters for a week.
Thank you Family and Ward family.
 
As a matter of interest - try using your mouse in your left hand...
Interesting!
I am becoming accustomed.
I guess I will need to become accustomed again when I can use it in my right hand again.
I look forward to that... in good time...

1 comment: