Sunday, August 23, 2020

How Can I Be More/Less Patient With Myself And Others?

 











Yeah… sometimes I am too patient.  I’m getting better…

Sometimes I’m not patient enough… 

I’m getting better at walking away, or avoiding/choosing my time with situations that try my patience –

like standing in queues… or driving in rush-hour traffic.

I’ve made lots of progress in the patience department.

Perhaps it’s in the “Accepting what I cannot change” department?

 

Just a thought:  What is patience?

Dictionary definition:  ability to remain calm and not become annoyed. 

Eg - when waiting for a long time, or when dealing with problems, or difficult people.

 

Yeah… I’m much better at it than I used to be able to be.

 

And – how can I be less patient with myself and others when I need to be?

By being aware… and thinking… and using what skill and experience I have.

And gaining more skill and experience when I’m able to…

And doing better when I know better…


And - Who/What needs to flow out of my life?

First thought is facebook adverts...  and facebook "suggested for you" items.

Very annoying...  I wish they had the category for why advert is hidden "annoying."  Or "presumptuous." Or "Unasked for."  I would click those every time.  On principle I don't watch adverts - nor do I watch any "suggested for you" items.

All those that don't or can't appreciate me will eventually flow out of my life.  And, all that I don't and can't appreciate will also flow out of my life.

My aching back needs to flow out of my life.  Actually, thankfully, it's much more comfortable than it was at the beginning of the year.

Actually, I "sift and save" daily.  And I can do better...  I visited a friend who has just lost her husband.  She is sorting out knowing that she'll be moving at the end of the month.  I renew my commitment to regularly give away and share with whoever needs what I no longer do.

 

How can you be more/less patient with yourself and others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment