Thursday, October 29, 2015

Scotcheroos

Thank you Food Nanny for this recipe...
As I often do - I have adapted it a little.




SCOTCHEROOS

Bring gently to slow boil:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

Take the mixture off the stove.
Add and stir in thoroughly:

1/2 cup peanut butter (I used smooth)
Pour into and blend gently and thoroughly:

2 and 1/2 cups rice crispies breakfast cereal

Drop by spoonsfull onto buttered flat pan.
Put into fridge to chill.

I like them like this...
They taste very good!
No gluten!

I halved the original recipe.
The recipe calls for pouring the hot mixture in a pan and covering with chocolate and caramel chips which will melt with the heat of the hot mixture.  
Thereafter the Food Nanny says cut the Scotcheroos into squares.

I tried drizzling melted chocolate over the Scotcheroos the way I make them in individual portions.  
I prefer them without the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment