Monday, October 19, 2015

Phew! I Made It...

Last week I took a "dip" as I felt the weight of my life.
I had some balancing to do.

This is the progress on the Nelson Mandela Children's Hospital
which I see each week when I drive out from the Temple basement.


Beautiful Jacarandas blooming all around.


This is the roadworks that stopped me dead a few weeks ago.
Daylight helps!


This is the project in Sophiatown (previously Triomf) that I wasn't sure about.
It is a pedestrian and cycle lane (on the left of the road ahead.)


And here it is on the right of the road.


And the patio projects goes quietly ahead day by day.


And the swimming continues.
I'm grateful the temperatures are lower this week.


The Friday before last we had our Dessert Club at our home.
It was lovely!
We had baked potatoes with various salads and fillings.
I had our couples bring desserts.

Here are some of the ladies.


And here are some of the men sitting at the table.
The one on the right looks like Douglas...
but it is Rob Moffit.


The roof support is now completed and rust-proofed.


The underground sewerage down the driveway and across the back
 is done and covered with concrete.




Glenn perfecting a joint.


More Jacarandas.


Some maintenance at Phillips House.


I took a trip to the kinesiologist.
This is Rosebank.


And Craighall Park.



Since I was so close I took a drive past our home in Bordeaux.


Front...
Building out over the front porch area.


And up the side road.
Increased security!
And new garages on the side.


More glorious flowering Jacarandah and flowering shrub.
I forget the name.


You like my smiley face?
It helps me remember to be cheery.
I have much to be cheery about.


This is Randburg main North South Road.


"Alone we are smart.
Together we are brilliant!"
at Fourways High School
just around the corner from the Kinesiologist.


My heart is happy and peaceful when I see the Jacarandas.



John, Brenda and Vi arrived on Wednesday afternoon.
John and Brenda went off to Mabula on Friday.

Saturday we braaied with Doug, Nadia and some extended family.
Yesterday we had Dom and Cindy for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment