Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Breakfast Fruit and Vegetable Smoothie

Towards better and better physical health...

First thing in the morning -
A glass of water.
A squeeze of fresh lemon or dose of ginger tea added is so good!

A little later apple juice to the second groove of this bottle,
water to the third groove of this bottle,
and two teaspoons of Barley Life powder.
Shake it together and drink.

(This picture is of the mix partially drunk.)


  For breakfast I have had fruit or salad for years.

At present I enjoy a vegetable and fruit smoothie instead or as well.

Here is the recipe for you John.

One peeled and de-pipped sliced lemon
One peeled and de-pipped sliced orange
(you can de-pip the slices quite easily)
Two de-cored and chopped apples
Two or three chopped carrots
1/2 chopped beetroot
One sprig mint
Three big leaves of chopped spinach
1/3 chopped pineapple (optional)
Small piece of fresh chopped ginger (optional)

Put the chopped ingredients into a food processor*.
Whizz until finer.


Transfer to a bowl.

Add boxed 100% fruit juice 
- mango or apple juice is what I use.
(I'm sure freshly juiced would be better...
I'm not there yet!)

Stick blend until fine*.

*Or put all the ingredients in a jug blender or smoothie maker.
Much easier if you have one.


Pour into storage bottles or containers.
This quantity makes almost 2 X 750ml bottles.

Keep in fridge for a couple of days' breakfasts.


I put three or four dessertspoons full in a glass,
and fill up with more mango or apple juice.

I sip mine through a thick straw and 'chew' it as well. 

Sustaining!

This morning I added two teaspoons of
my blend of equal quantities of

unbleached sesame seeds
flax seeds
pumpkin seeds

Which I grind periodically in a coffee mill and store in the fridge.


 I also added a tablespoon of
cold pressed and cold processed flax oil.

My smoothie was very good!

Glenn is joining me in having the smoothie for breakfast.
He has the veg and fruit smoothie for lunch as well.

In between snacks for me are raw nuts, fruit or fruit juice.

I hope this helps us both along to better physical health...

I feel nourished and sustained.

No comments:

Post a Comment