Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Problem Solving Strapping

Adrian Stevens, who is a registered Kinesiologist and also a registered Physiotherapist
did this strapping on my wrist when I saw him last Friday.

I am quite taken with the bright blue!
As you can see it is already getting untidy.

I knew it would get more messy and dirty.

Problem...
"How am I going to solve it..."


I have been wrapping a bandage over it to keep it clean.
It's a nuisance.

Yesterday I went to sports shops to see if I could get one of those
bands the tennis players use on their wrists.

I thought "I don't want to pay nearly R100 for something like that!"

So, this morning I took the bandage I have been using, cut it into
a strip I thought would do, and blanket stitched the two ends together.
I turn the stitched side to the inside of my wrist.

It works just fine!
I made a second one, and cut a third.
Now I can wash and wear and feel somewhat respectable.
And I can take the protection off if I want to enjoy the blue!


My wrist feels better and better each day.

I am temporarily back to one arm hand-washing dishes and bathing,
I know this will pass again.

My little, ring and middle finger felt taut all the time,
and needed purposeful mobilising early in the morning.
That stress has eased by about 50%.
I hope for more improvement next time I visit Adrian Stevens in two weeks' time.
If there is no more improvement, this is definitely sufficiently comfortable.

I fell six months ago on the 6th November.
One of my friends who is a sports teacher at school
matter-of-factly said when I fell
"Oh, that will take six months to rehabilitate."
I relaxed my unrealistic expectations.
I am very grateful for every bit of improvement!
My forehead is almost ache free.
Adrian mobilised my forehead skin when I was there and 
it has been a little tender since then.  It's easing.

I am thankful to God for my miraculous body which knows how to 
quietly attend to it's healing process.
I am thankful for Richard and Ivan, the first aid administers on the scene within minutes.
I am thankful for the Emergency Room Doctor who is a missionary at the Temple - 
he came down the stairs and looked me over within minutes.
I am grateful to whoever phoned Glenn.
I am thankful for all those who sent me good wishes, thoughts and prayers.
I am thankful for Richard and Walter who drove me to Millpark Hospital.
I am grateful for Walter Chatora and Glenn, Douglas and Richard, who administered to me.
I am thankful for the Millpark Trauma unit Doctors and Nurses.
I am thankful to Douglas for creating the Whatsapp group to keep family informed.
I am thankful for Dr Brewis (plastic surgeon at Flora Clinic) who added me 
to his Friday schedule and attended to me after seven or eight that evening.
I am thankful for Glenn and Douglas who stayed with me part or all of the day.
I am grateful to every person along the way who has assisted me by being a 
functioning extra hand to me when I have needed it - 
Driving, lifting, screwing, unscrewing, holding up/down etc. 

I feel blessed indeed.
I am very grateful it is almost six months later!

No comments:

Post a Comment