Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday afternoon 2nd June 2019 - Small World, Small Question

Good afternoon!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN AND LOGAN!  TODAY!
This outing looks like just the sort that I would love to share...
Thanks Laura for the photo of them I could copy and edit...


Small World - 

During the week I said to one of our suppliers of hardware for the Temple and Housing
"I've been wondering - are you related to Elisabeth van Heesch in Cape Town?"

She said "Yes!  She is my mother-in-law!  How do you know her?"

"She is my cousin - her mother and my mother are sisters..."

We had some interesting conversation!

AND Small Question - and Further Questions...

I gave a lift to someone to Church today.
(Glenn was not well so he stayed home.)

When I arrived back at her home, we chatted on...
I switched off the car.

At one point I said to her
"If I were your fairy godmother, what would you ask for?"
She replied right off.

On the way home I pondered that question...
"If someone asked me that, how would I answer?"

As we sat at lunch a little later I asked Glenn the same question...
More interesting and thoughtful discussion.

So -
How would you answer that small question if someone asked you?

Actually, I think it's a most interesting question to ponder.
I've appreciated the honest conversations with the two I talked with.


Maybe also... " Tomorrow's joy or tomorrow's despair
has its roots in the questions we ponder and learn from today..." ???
And maybe also... "the relationships we nurture today..."  ???
What else...

The time we spend BE-ing?
The books we read?
How we spend our time?
The food we eat?
The thoughts we think...
How and why we save/spend our resources today...
The formal and informal education we add to every day...
Those we watch and learn from...
The talents we develop...
The words we use - and don't use...
The explorations we make...
The media we use/consume/participate in...

I've also been thinking lately -
How do we become
"character-buildingly submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love,
and anxiously engaged in good causes?"

And also...
"How do we become wisely bold, brave, steadfast and immovable?"

And also...
It's good to share - time, talents, means...
What is the point at which sharing becomes over-sharing -
no longer helpful to me and the other?

It's good to be flexible.
At what point does flexibility become problem creating?

It's tough to be tough...
It's tough to be tender...
It's tough to know when each is appropriate and problem solving...

Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment