Sunday, May 31, 2020

What Positive Influence Do I want To Be?


And ... What do I need to be sure of as I ‘influence?   

When I had dependent children I wanted to influence them for good.
I tried in every possible way I knew.
I tried to learn how from every good source that came my way.

I don’t really “want to be a positive influence” anymore. I just want to live my life as I want to live my life.   I want to be among the good, useful and happy of the world.  If my life’s of any use to anyone, I’m glad…

I might “want to be a positive influence” if I felt invisible…
I’ve not felt invisible for most of my life.
I’ve relished the times I realized I felt invisible – like in an airport.
Or walking in a shopping mall.
Or strolling along the beach.

In the situations when I feel “on show”
Like now, as our Ward Relief Society President,
I want to be sure to be my better self,
so that I’ll not influence someone to be worse by being careless.  
I want to “sound a certain (sure) sound.” 1 Cor 14:8
I guess we each choose how we’ll be influenced anyway don’t we?  J

I remember a story that goes something like this:
I wonder where I heard it…
It resonated with me!

“I am the way I am because of my parents. 
They were drunkards and losers. 
That’s why I am a drunkard and loser.” 
His brother said on a separate occasion:
“I am who I am because of my parents.
They were drunkards and losers.
I didn’t want to be a drunkard and a loser.
I found better role-models and mentors.
Today I am pleased with who I have become.”

Have a good week!

I love you!

Mom / Judy / Gran Judy






No comments:

Post a Comment