Friday, June 26, 2020

What/Who Comforts Me When I Need Comfort?


Sunday Afternoon – June 21st 2020

This has been a week when the days blurred into each other.

We enjoyed Father’s Day having lunch with Doug, Nadia and family.  Thank you!

What/who comforts me when I need comfort?  How can I ask for help when I need it?

I’ve learnt to give myself what I need.
I’m going to the chiropractor – again – I’m hopeful to feel more comfortable soon!
I’m going to have a reflexology session on Friday.
I feel like some hands-on might be comforting to me.

Reading the scriptures comforts me.  
I’m reading in Moroni in the Book of Mormon and the Epistle of James in the Bible.  
There’s much that reminds me there of how I want to live my life.

Learning comforts me – it either confirms what I know already or it adds to what I know.

Knowing my children and grandchildren are living their lives comforts me.

Walking out in the garden comforts me.
Walking in the Botanic Garden comforts me.

My daily bath comforts me greatly.
Being warm comforts me.
Weighless comforts me.

What’s the difference between comfort and satisfaction?
Hmmm…

Comfort - the easing or alleviation of a person's feelings of distress or grief.
Satisfaction - fulfilment of one's wishes, expectations, or needs, or the pleasure derived from this.

Getting done what needs to be done comforts me, or does it satisfy me?
Both.

And I figure out sooner or later who/what will help me, and I get it, give it to myself...
Or, I have been able to so far…
May it ever continue to be so…

Thank God for the compassionate ones of the world…
And… may we become among them…

What comforts you when you need comfort?
How can you ask for help when you need it?

Remember always - I love you!  Forever!

Mom / Judy / Gran Judy











No comments:

Post a Comment