Sunday, December 13, 2020

Who or What Helps Me Discern Between "Good" and "Bad"?


This is so true for me...

It's always been very useful to me to think "Where will this lead...?"  "Will it likely take me to where I want to go in my one precious life?"  These thoughts... these words... these conversations... these actions...  these relationships...  What I am reading, or watching, or listening to...

For me it's also important to read what wise men and women through the ages have said is "good" and "bad," and why.

And what wise men of today have to say.


I've looked briefly into criminology... that was very helpful.

I've talked with many people over many years.  I listen, and decided for myself.

I pray also to know "good" and "bad."
What is good at one time can be bad at another.  And the other way around...

How can I be better at figuring out "good" and "bad?"
Live in "day-tight" compartments... and just do the best I know how any given day...

Long ago I came across this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson.  A copy of it has been in my bedroom for may years.  I work at keeping with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude...

Who or what helps you discern between Good and Bad? 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment