Wednesday, February 18, 2015

State of the Nation Address

The uproar, discussion, protest and enquiry continue after last Thursday's State of the Nation address (SONA) by our President.  The various personalities are interesting to listen to.  I watch and listen with interest the continuing parliamentary activity regarding SONA.

We watched some of SONA last Thursday until we were tired and headed for bed.  There was about an hour delay with posturing and protesting and official action. I knew there would be rigorous discussion the next morning on the radio.  There was.  In the Saturday Star there was also some (what felt like intelligent) comment too.  The lively verbal and legal aftermath continues.

I take comfort in the fact that there are knowledgeable and concerned individuals and groups in those circles in a position to exert power and influence, who have the good of the country and our people as their motive.  God bless them. God bless us all as we work, co-operate and collaborate for good across nations, races, languages and cultures wherever we live in the world.

We have something worth working for with all our combined skill and diligence!

I learnt in a dream about eighteen years ago that there are people everywhere, in all situations and endeavours, of good and honest intent.  I don't need to know who they are.  I can trust them to be courageous and thoughtful.  They will act effectively when they need to.  I know when I happen to come into their presence, that I will recognise them and blend silently and actively into their cause (if they need me), strengthening them and their fellows.  I am satisfied that as I recognise them, they will recognise me too.  All I need to do is be ready as much of the time as I am able.

Sort of like a fireman, the police, the army, emergency personnel?  They are trained, they are ready for when the alarm is sounded, then they work together to attend to dealing with the incident.  After each springing into action they review, learn and plan. They also practice,  improve infrastructure, learn more and enjoy themselves.

I rest more peacefully with my experience in past times.  I trust I will know how to proceed personally every step along my way, every day.  I work at being prepared physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and hopefully in all other ways.  I yield to my impressions and the inspiration I receive at any given moment.  I love to observe those around me and practice discerning "who they (really) are" and responding appropriately.

In the meantime... I have my life to live every day.  I enjoy my life - most of the time!

Whatever happens... the sun will almost certainly rise again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment