Sunday, April 12, 2015

Live To Be Healthy

Dakota Fanning once said

"You've got to live to be healthy,
not test (have tests for this and that) to be safe."

I heartily subscribe to that point of view.

The whole year is my "Live To Be Healthy" time and Autumn and Spring are the times of the year I set aside to check on my my eyes, teeth, blood, bones etc to see what is not visible to my eye - to be somewhat surer they are sustaining me.  I want to be generally sorted out before Winter so I don't have to disrobe for this or that test or procedure, or go out into the cold at a time that I want to be in the warmth - it's bitterly cold outside some days in Winter!  Also I want to be baseline as healthy as possible before we go off to the UK.  In Spring I want to be sure I am good enough to go forth and enjoy the Summer.

In the past few months I have been to the homeopath who advised me to go and have my annual Vitamin B12 levels, and other checks, blood test done, to the optometrist, to the dentist with a broken tooth, to the doctor who sent me to the laboratory for the blood tests, back to the dentist with an ache in my jaw, back to the doctor for results of blood tests, now back to the laboratory for more blood tests because the doctor didn't realise the one result depended on another test he didn't order.  Soon I will be routinely sorted!  Then... bring on the Winter...  I am as physically ready as I am able to be. 

We will miss some this year as we visit warmer climes. We always enjoy that - and travelling has its own rigors and demands on our bodies and minds.  Hopefully we will go forth soon on our travelling adventure and our lives with 'faith in every footstep' knowing we are as physically prepared as we can be as we make our way through each day, week and month of the next year.

How are you doing with your regular checks?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment