Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pin-hole Leak Repair

Dukes Court pinhole leak developed
where the galvanised pipe meets the copper one.
 
Complex plumbing configuration before.
Why would they have chosen the u-shaped join...?
 


"My man maak a plan."
 
Doug was doing another job at Dukes Court so drove with us.
His idea was to hang the spanner on the hose emptying the geyser.
 
I wasn't strong enough to hold the one spanner, so the
unyielding wall was the resistance to Glenn's wrenching.
I held the blue handle as hard as I could away from the wall,
and the black handle in my other hand,
so there would be less pressing on the tile which I thought
might well break with the full pressure of Glenn's strength.


Some of the tools of Glenn's trade...
He wished he had an old toothbrush for this job.
He might put one in one of his two portable tool-cases for future possible use,
in the event that he might need it in the future... 
This time he used a paintbrush which is in the one.

 

Pin-hole leak sorted.
I'm sorry I didn't take an 'after' photo...
The complex junction was simplified.
 
And perhaps we have a buyer for the flat.
I will possibly know later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment