Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Four Weeks Down and Two to Go - I hope

My skin on my arm and hand is peeling and peeling!  I guess in the normal course of events the sloughing skin rubs off without us even noticing it.

This week I looked on-line to see how long the healing process actually is - in my inner recesses I hoped for five to six weeks.  I discover that it is likely 6 to 8 weeks and maybe 6 to 12 weeks.  Sigh.

I am grateful for the weeks that have gone by and what I have learnt about myself and others.  I notice not many people look at my forehead.  Not many people notice that only one eyebrow can lift.  I have learnt I am more patient than I thought I could be.  I am surprised that I can sleep as much as I am sleeping these weeks - 8 to 9 hours a night.

I am grateful for Glenn's help.  I can't put my hair in a scrunchie which I do when I bath and when I go to bed.  I can't cut food that needs cutting.  This morning I ordered egg and bacon for our breakfast at the Botanical Garden and then realised - again "Ohhh... I forgot! I can't cut the bacon or the toast." Glenn quietly helps me over and over with what I need help with.

Nadia's birthday last Saturday.  Daena turned 12 a week ago.  We all (except Glenn and Cabryn) went to the Temple last Saturday and we were all in the baptistry.  I wondered whether I would be able to dress in white.   I though I might be wandering around the garden. I was glad to find I could slip my arm through one of the Temple styles - it doesn't fit through the cuff of my own dress.   I was very glad to be there.

Bathing, going to the toilet and dressing and undressing is a great mission in my life.  Easier with four weeks' practice... and with less aching in my arm, ribs/collarbone and leg.  You try it with one hand and see how you manage!  I hope you never have to do it for real.

Les was visiting last week.  I have been aching to go to the Botanical Garden.  I thought last Tuesday was the day!  It was COLD and blowy so I reluctantly conceded that it was not a good idea to go that day.  Les and I went on Saturday.  It was lovely to be there and with him.  Dom and Cindy joined us and I left them to enjoy time together and drove home along the back roads.  I'm grateful again to have an automatic car.

The details of the sale of the Dukes Court flat continues.  So many DETAILS!  And times five as we all have to work together to finalise it.  I hope we are in the home-stretch now.  Glenn and Douglas went there during the week to do the electrical clearace certificate.  On Saturday I will take Cecilia there and we will finally tidy and clean and have the flat ready for occupation.  I am glad for the opportunity to say final "good-byes."

Today is warmer... we have had low temperatures of around 1 and 13 for several days.  And on into the next week of healing and living!

By the way:  the Patio Project is in "pause" mode... perhaps it will move forward again.

Be well!










No comments:

Post a Comment