Monday, June 22, 2015

Six Weeks Down - And I'm On My Way

During the week I reached a stage of irritation with the splint discomfort so I took the splint out and bandage off for some relief, some air.  I sat in the sunporch and allowed the warmth to seep into my wrist.  The irritation subsided and comfortableness increased.

I decided since we were home for the evening I'd just fairly firmly bandage it and be careful.  That was so good.  I decided to sleep with it like that.  That was also so good.  Wednesday I just carried on.  I looked on the internet for rehabilitation exercises, saw the consensus and have started gentle exercising.

This time last week I would never have imagined I would have the strength I have or the movement I have already!  I am absolutely grateful to all the powers involved from this and the other side of the veil.  I am very grateful for those ones here and there who put information on the internet for such as me to be able to see.  They truly bless my life every week.

Yesterday I went to the Temple and then to the hairdresser.  By the time I got home the tickets were booked and we are on our way soon.  We now flurry to tie up loose ends here!  The packing is the easy part!

I want to tell you about my three best inanimate helpers of the last six weeks:  Three satiny scarves.  I hardly ever use them normally, but have used them daily the last six weeks. Their colours are bright pink, bright yellow and soft grey.  They gladden my heart!  I keep one in the bathroom, one near where I dress and one in my Temple bag.  I put one over my half cast/wrist brace/bandaged wrist, pull sleeves off or on with care and have felt little discomfort.  The sleeves simply slip over them, and then I pull the scarves off my arm and they slip easily over any device I have on.  What a blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment