Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Monday Evening - 13th May 2019 - Day 1111

It's one thousand, one hundred and eleven days since we were set apart for our mission - Day 1111.  I keep a list in my journal and mark off the days.  I started out with to day 1000.  I was sure that would be more than enough days of this mission.  I'm on to the second page I printed and added to my list.

I have been tearful today.
The tablet I have been using since 2013 to use at Church and in my morning scripture, magazine and other gospel study no longer supports the current software used by the Church.  I have been seeing the warning messages for... a long time, I think?  I can no longer download Ensign, New Era and Friend magazines on the tablet.  That's what made me investigate further yesterday evening.

This morning, studying on my laptop I just cried with sadness at this ending of the familiarity of my tablet, and probably some frustration with trying to figure out how to get what I want in a different format - another technology learning curve, and probably from being too long with too many people yesterday.

Maybe some missing my children on Mother's Day here in South Africa too...  I know I did my best... Actually, I know I did better than I on my own would have been able to do!  I know I was helped along by Angels on this side of the veil and by being Taught From On High.  And I know I was painfully less than adequate in my mothering through the 27 years I had one or more of our children at home.  I know I was 'enough' and also...  some days I am tender-hearted when I look back.

We visited Amanzimtoti for Church.  I always love being there.  We have visited for twenty odd years when we have been on holiday there, and several times since we have been here on Mission.  It's a small family-type of Ward with several elderly members - there are several retirement places close-by - along with the usual mix of younger people.  The Primary of about nine or ten young ones sang a  Mother's Day song.

After Church we went to John and Brenda's home and spent some time there.  John's brother Sam and his wife Rene joined us just after twelve and we took a drive through to Craig and Roxane's home for a braai celebrating Mother's Day and Kirsty's fifth birthday.


Some of the toys were noisy...



Other "activities" too -




Always good to come home!

On Saturday we visited Marionhill Monastery just outside Pinetown on Saturday morning.   I've wanted to visit there since I worked in the Equity Building Society many years ago (1963/4) where the Monastery invested in lots and lots of fixed deposits.

I'm sad to say... the precinct is in need of more maintenance than it gets...  I'm glad we took the trip though.  I thought of those who planned this monastery and other buildings in the grounds - out in the middle of... nowhere in those days?... and those who painstakingly built them starting in 1882.  The bricks are beautiful...  Lovely designs and workmanship in the buildings.









We got McDonalds snacks on Saturday and went down to one of our favourite spots at the beach to enjoy our meal there.


Tuesday...  I feel more able to tackle my challenges today!  Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment