Sunday, March 1, 2020

Sunday Afternoon - What Challenges Me?


Always a question for me… Do I need to do or be more? 
Or - Do I need to do or be less?

Sometimes it the first, and at other times the second.

I’ve felt somewhat dazed for some of this last week.

I have done intense hours and hours of editing of my Durban Temple Construction History.

It is finished at last and submitted for printing – 296 pages.
So, I’ve slowed down a little to let all the parts of me catch up
with each other and become integrated and balanced again. 
Sometimes the Physical races ahead, or the Intellectual,
Emotional or Spiritual, or the Social.
Sometimes one part of me lags behind… then the other parts slow down to integrate.
So, sometimes it takes noticing, wisdom, time and patience to get “all together!”

I’m thinking a lot about…
As I grow older, what might I need to be prepared for?
What will I do if I can’t drive anymore?
On my early morning trip to the Temple day before yesterday I decided –
I don’t want to drive to the Temple in the darkening early mornings.
It requires what feels like too much concentration.
Daylight driving needs another type of concentration –
but perhaps this is the better choice for me, for now.
I’ll figure out another session that will suit me for these darker early morning months.
Perhaps Glenn will be more able to join me at another session time too.

One Day at a Time!
Thank goodness we only have to actually live in day-tight compartments.
(And hopefully, many of them include eating a meal of delicious watermelon!)


What challenges you?

I love you all! 
May we each grow as we want to –
in grace and truth –
and all other ways we are able to.

Mom / Judy / Gran Judy etc.




I like this… I became aware of it many years ago…

Just For Today
I will choose…

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle all my problems at once.  I can do something for twelve hours.  It would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today I will try to be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said,  that most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my desires.    I will take my luck as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today I will try to take care of my mind.  I will strengthen my mind. I will study.   I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires a little effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today I will try exercise my soul in three ways:  I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count.
I will do at least two things I don't want to do just for exercise.
I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will try to be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low, be courteous, criticize not one bit.
I won't find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for today I will try to have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it.  I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. During this half hour, or bits of time that make up half an hour,  I will try to get a better perspective of my life.
I will think of GOD, myself, and of my neighbour.  I shall relax and seek some more of the truth.

Just for today I will try to stop saying “If I had time…”  I will never ‘find time’.   If I want it, I must make it.

Just for today I will try to be unafraid. I will not be afraid to enjoy what is good and beautiful.   
I will believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

Just for today I will try to accept myself and live to the best of my ability.

Just for today I choose to believe I can live just this one day.

Alcoholics Anonymous



God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The Courage to change the things I can…
And the Wisdom to know the difference

Reinhold Niebuhr


No comments:

Post a Comment