Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Persuasion


Tuesday 10th March 2020 – Cabryn’s 15th birthday!
We’ve had lovely times today…
We celebrated well!  Nadia sees to that…
Thank you Nadia for sharing your gifts and talents with us.



Persuasion

It’s been a different week…
I think our being home is deeply settling on me.
Also – I’m used to wearing a badge, and now we are released.
That’s another kind of adjustment too! 

I’ve been thinking about who persuades me – or tries to persuade me.
Of course the media… of all types… all around all the time…
I’m pretty impervious to that.
It’s taken determination, and persistence, and now I can let it flow over me or past me.
Sometimes shop assistants try… but not for long.  I don’t take much notice, unless I am interested and want to know more.

I can see or hear, and politely stop, and stop them..., shake my head, look away, turn away, or switch off, in a second or so.

Not really any person tries to persuade me anymore.
I wonder why?
Perhaps because they ‘know’ by my body language or some other intuitive,
subliminal way that I’m not persuadable?

I remember I had a friend who was flirted with every time I was with her.
I wondered why no-one ever, ever, tried flirting with me…
when I was with her, or on my own, or with any other person.
Maybe I never noticed it???
Thank goodness they never tried.  I would hate to be a ‘target’ or ‘object.’
I love being mercifully ‘invisible.’

It was hard for me getting used to people trying to see what my badge was all about.
I felt very visible.  And I got used to it.  
And could intelligently and courteously engage.
I’m very glad to have served…  I loved the adventure, opportunity and responsibility.
And - I’m glad to be released – it was time.

I must say… very occasionally these days, chocolate, or cake tries to persuade me…
My body just works so much better with a little, or without them!
They have largely lost their appeal for me, hold on me…
It’s about time!  I’m nearly 75!

Who or what tries to, or succeeds in, persuading you?!
Is it what you want?

I love you all - my precious family!

Mom / Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment