Friday, January 23, 2015

I Said I Never Would...

I remember in my youth and young marriedhood saying "This is not a hotel. 
I will not be preparing two meals for one mealtime..."

Wednesday night I noticed:  On the menu - Spaghetti Bolognaise.  
I always make some vegetables and salad in case someone besides me
wants vegetables and salad too. 

So on the table was the bowl of spaghetti, the bowl of bolognaise,
the bowl of mixed vegetables, a dish of grated cheddar cheese,
separate dishes of tomato (Glenn and Vi like a lot, I a little,) lettuce
(Glenn and I eat, Vi does not,) cucumber (we all eat,)
and chopped spring onions (Glenn and Vi eat and I do not.) 

Glenn had spaghetti and bolognaise, grated cheese,
maybe some vegetables too, I can't remember, and no salad. 

Vi had a baked potato (she doesn't eat spaghetti or rice) bolognaise sauce,
vegetables, grated cheese, tomato, cucumber and spring onion. 

I had rice (I'd made the rice before I remembered Vi doesn't like rice,
and I'm doing gluten-free right now because of a skin problem,)
vegetables topped with grated cheddar cheese, lettuce, cucumber and a little tomato.

Well... who would have thought -
me making allowance for three meals in one mealtime! 
I'm glad I can be more flexible and accommodating than I used to be able to be!
We each enjoyed our meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment