Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Footloose Morning

Well...
When I made the Cinnamon Rolls last week,
my trusty Kenwood Chef went poof!

I have known it was on it's way out -
I was reconciled to getting a hand mixer when it expired.

Douglas and Glenn found a Kenwood chef later model 
hardly used, on Gumtree.

We went to Vereeniging this morning to fetch it.

Lovely drive!
We are (mostly) toll road avoiders,
so we took the Golden Highway 
which we haven't driven for many years!

Enjoy the drive...
We passed Soccer City.
I hope to go on a tour of the precinct someday.






Impressive Soccer City Stadium.



Grand houses close by.


The Dakota drive-in.
Remember it?



And all over the countryside we passed - new houses!



The taxi stations at strategic points.




We were intrigued by 
Zakariyya Park spelling.


RDP houses dotted all over.
(Reconstruction and Development Programme)
Basic houses...


Power to the People all over too.





Excellent signposting all over too.



I see lots of evidence of increased pride in places.










Blooming shopping centres all over too.
With informal traders right outside.




And of course... McDonalds.



This truck is Dryden transport.
I wonder if the Dryden is one of my relatives.
My mother's third name is Dryden after her mother's maiden name.



Power lines all over on our drive this morning!












Houses on one side of the road, and many mielie fields on the other.





Herds of cattle periodically too.
I wondered where they came from...




Iscor on the horizon...


We fetched the food mixer from a brick manufacturer employee.
As Vi and I waited in the car I saw this 
"Keep of the Grass" sign.
It's many years since I have seen one in our country!



And back home again.
We ended up on a different road by accident, and decided to come home via
Westonaria and Randfontein.

Space, space, space!
Lots of empty (seeming) ground all this route.




 And these dear little purple flowers all over along the sides of the road...







Evidence all over as well of road repairs.





A mine in the distance.







Huge logs on the back of this truck.
Good steel bars holding them on.
I was glad to pass it.


A man at the road crossing selling decorated miner hats 
that supporters wear at soccer games.


More herds of cattle.


A police road block.
No problem for us...





Evidence all over of development.



Interesting clouds.


Interesting new houses.




I wonder how they got this car up there, and how it is attached?







Randfontein town...



I wonder what these piles of stones and sand are for?




And we left Randfontein and headed home.

There are those in the country who cry 'doom and gloom'...
I see evidence of 'growth' all around me.

The truth is probably that there is always both
intertwined all the time.

The opposition in all things.

I thoroughly enjoyed our time out of time this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment