Saturday, October 25, 2014

Further News About Vi

Yesterday was a day of evaluation and waiting.
In the afternoon Vi went into the operating theatre to have her bone pinned and screwed.
Glenn spent a lot of time with his Mom.
I took Doug's workers to Dukes Court to finish off the work.
Then I came back to a luncheon with twelve others at the mission home.
After that I had an appointment with a couple of clients.
In the late afternoon I went down to Flora Clinic to find Glenn.
By this time Vi was in the operating theatre.
We had supper together at Flora Clinic, then came home and waited for the evening visiting hours.
Glenn went to visit Vi.
I stayed and did neglected laundry and tidying - keeping the 'home-fires burning.'
Vi came out of the operating theatre and was in great pain.
The surgeon was content with the surgery.
John and Brenda spent the day driving up from Amanzimtoti.
They arrived last evening and went straight to the hospital.
They were allowed to spend a little time with Vi.
And that was our day yesterday!

Later - Saturday:
After going to the Temple for the 7am session and discovering it was closed...
I enjoyed seeing the glorious Jacarandas all over.
Doug phoned and asked me to get his workers organised for the day.
Just as well I wasn't in the session!
I got Sylvester and Ismael preparing and painting the laundry windows at Phillips House.
John Brenda and Glenn went to Princess Crossing and did some shopping and had breakfast there.
We met up at the hospital for the morning visiting hour.
Vi was chirpy!
John said "She's fighting with the nurses... that means she's OK." Smile...
Almost no pain...
The Physiotherapist was with her.
I went off to attend to the workers again, they needed more putty.
Since the ICU only allows two visitors per patient, I left Glenn and Brenda with John along to visit this afternoon.

I am enjoying the cool breeze through the house on this hot afternoon.
More laundry to do.
Doug, Nadia and extended family are at Warmbaths for the weekend celebrating Ethan's birthday.
This is our General Conference Viewing Weekend, so I will watch some at home.
(We recorded the sessions on the weekend of the Conference,
As well as watching Saturday morning (Our 6pm) and Sunday morning (Our 6pm) sessions live.)
In the meantime we have watched one and a half of the afternoon sessions in the intervening weeks.

The Doctor says Vi is moving to the regular ward Tomorrow, and may be coming home Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment