Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Walter Sisulu Botanic Garden

I so enjoyed the Botanical Garden yesterday.
I especially loved the kiss of the breeze wafting past my face.
I enjoyed hearing the trees rustling.
I enjoyed breathing the fresh air.
It was really good to be there.
 
I know I do better when I make the time, take the time, to go there every week.


I love the new green all around.  I am thirsting for the rains to come!
 
In the picture below I loved the beauty of the dead and decaying with
the young and alive alongside.


I always enjoy seeing one of the tortoises in the garden.
This is one of the younger ones.


 
I also enjoyed our Tai Chi group. 
When I go to the class several of the participants want me to take the lead.
I don't want to do that. 
I take the lead in a lot of areas of my life.
In this Tai Chi area I know I am like the blind leading the blind.
I do the best I know...
but!  I do not go to a reliable source to keep authentic input.
I agreed to work with one of the 'younger' ones
- she in the front, and me at the back.
That worked well. 
When we faced the one way she was the lead, when we turned around I was the lead. 
I was comforted afterwards to know she goes to the class
of the man who started our group about... twenty years ago?
I have been going to the class about 14 years. 
Fresh in-put there from an authentic practitioner. 
I can live with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment