Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Musings


 A billboard on our journey Saturday to take Dom and Cindy to Rotunda
at Johannesburg station.  They took a bus to Cape Town.
 
"If you change the way you look at things
the things you look at change."
 
Dom? Cindy? also noticed it.
 
I believe this is true. I hope it is -
unless the objects of the 'looks' purposefully resist
the inflowing negative or positive energy.


I thought the washing hanging out to dry on this inner-city building
below was interesting.  Sad too.
 
I remember my Dad saying
"Look at these birds!  If they flew to just a little way from here
they would be able to have a lovely life in beautiful surroundings!"
 
Some areas of the city are rejuvenating, some are deteriorating.
 
I enjoyed watching a documentary recently about a man who is
making it his mission to make wholesome change in the inner city.
The fact that some people go about making a positive difference
despite all the nay-sayers around them gives me
hope and encouragement to be a part of the builders of our people and our nation
rather than among the wrecking crews.


And home to the lovely hydrangeas  blooming in the front garden.
We have had lots of rain and they are flourishing.



The soil must be on the alkaline side. 
If the flowers were pink, it would indicate that the soil is acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment