Saturday, September 26, 2015

Final Week with Hilmar and Dianne

We enjoyed a quiet week with Hilmar, Dianne and Phillipa.
We like to quiet right down before the rigors of our international flight.

I enjoyed the view out of their lounge window. 


Beautiful Autumn is in the air...
The leaves are changing colour all around.



Our final week we slept in their lounge.
At night we took down and covered the clock so as not to hear the ticking.
I put it on the couch.
Tulip tried and tried to get the moving second hand.
It was so funny watching her persistence in trying to get that moving thing!



I thought I'd be compassionate and remove the offending hand by turning the clock over.
Then she tried to get to it underneath.



Lovely minutes among the last of our trip's memories.

So good to spend time with Dianne and see her 
consideration and compassion growing and blossoming. 
She is beautifully professional with her clients.
She is so talented and unusually aware. 
Good to see her managing her various challenges with 
more skill and confidence.

She is a really good woman in many ways.
I'm proud to be her mother.

I'm thrilled to hear she and Hilmar have been called to coordinate the
Faith in God Primary activity days programme. 
(I think that is what it is called...?)
I pray this will be a blessing to them individually and together.
Phillipa is thrilled!

Hilmar took us on Tuesday to catch the X26 bus to the airport.
We awoke at 4am to catch the bus just after 5am in Croydon.

And then from bus to Heathrow express train to terminal 4.

Our flight was delayed.
This is us taxi-ing towards take-off.
Goodbye lovely England...
I love your grey days.
See you again next year... Deo volente.




I loved the discipline and professionalism of the Etihad Airlines stewardesses.

Doug asked what Abu Dhabi airport was like.
Glitsy... differently glitsy to Dubai airport.
I loved this mosaic creation in the centre court of our departure terminal.
Wonderful craftsmanship.


I liked this lego camel.
I took the photo for Samuel.
Please show it to him someone?



When we got home I was thrilled to hear that Hilmar has been accepted 
as a participant in the Harrod's Management Programme.

Go Hilmar!
Go Dianne!
Go Phillipa!

Tot siens...

No comments:

Post a Comment