Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Productive Few Days at Jane's

I was bothered by an upside-down tap outside.
Glenn sorted it out.





A gorgeous double rainbow at the end of the day.



Patrick gave this book to us.
Interesting...

Be prepared!

Nurture and preserve your family.
Develop your faith and practice your religion.
Invest in your own property.
Get out of debt.
Become more self-reliant.
Be aware of what is really going on in the world.

That's the valuable message I got out of this book.


Jane just bought this current edition of a book given to me 
by Shirley and that I have found useful since 1985.

I found the update vision-expanding.


This little book was also interesting.
I'm grateful for those who share their knowledge and beliefs.


Another interesting book.
I found our Tartan clan in the book.
I must say I don't find it terribly inspiring...


Jane was given this book by Richard and Louise Helps when they visited.
In enjoyed the beautiful paintings and photos
and being reminded of the importance of the sacrament
and our Saviour's atonement.


I am about a week away from completing an invitation from 
our Florida Relief Society Presidency to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days.

I just finished a detailed reading that took me probably 7 months.
I have enjoyed the slow reading and also this quicker reading.


This volume was in Jane's library.
Some good recipes.


Glenn replaced the 1947/8 delapidated back fence.


This man drove by and stopped and asked if he could load up the old fencing and scrap.
Happy day for him and also for us!



The fence installation continues.
Some of the old fence was embedded in the tar and had to be cut out link by link.



Jane and I helped along as we were able to.








Jane replaced her fridge too.


There's something grounding about day-to-day work.

No comments:

Post a Comment