Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Two Trips Out

We took a trip to Glastonbury to meet with Gillian and Rob for the afternoon.
I loved this gorgeous mural.


Notice how the painting spills onto the pavement.



It did my heart good to spend some time again with them.

***************************************

Our next trip was to The House of Marbles.

I have been there before, but not Glenn.
It was very busy this time!

I loved being there again.

I enjoyed the pottery exhibition.

This pot says (as best I can reconstruct)

"Be as good as you can
At being what you are
Be like a glowworm
If you can't be a star."

Indeed.



The marble runs were fascinating to watch.
What makes the marble tumbling go one way and not another this time...?






I bet the creaters of these marble runs had great fun making them!

And the really big one on one and a quarter walls.
Fascinating to watch!



Antique marble and other games exhibition.







A fence on our drive to Dartmoor from The House of Marbles.
I love that the hand-made fence has been there for years, and is not destroyed/vandalised...


We stopped at this swift river.
Lovely sounds.




And onto Dartmoor.
Beautiful.
Blustery...
Moody.





Different wild flowers here in England.





A stop at a swift-flowing river.
Interesting to be there and see this brack water.

We walked along for a while.
Soothing sounds.








Remnants of an ancient bridge.




Facing away from the bank, a peaceful scene.


Jane took a picture of Glenn and me.



And Jane.
Thank you for this lovely trip!


Some canoeists drove up and slipped into the river
 and white-water canoed downstream.




Some horses on Dartmoor.


Vast views.
Windy!



Effective 'lawn-mowers.'

'




Bleak. 
Beautiful.


We drove back to Bridgwater.
I asked to be dropped off at the WeightWatcher's meeting in town.

I liked this stone house adjoining the church-hall meeting venue.



Well organised WeightWatcher's meeting.


And I took the Canal Walk home.



I liked this ancient stone wall still doing it's job.


And some peaceful scenes along my walk home.







The school looked different!
I discovered they razed the previous buildings and erected a new school.


The final part of my walk.


This is the book I was also reading at Jane's.
Interesting views and observations.


A real blessing to spend time with Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment