Friday, September 25, 2015

Home Again...

We are back home and running!
Three months' bills to sort out...
Other administration to tackle...

While we were away Doug cut the one window out of the kitchen and
made the space for the new back door.
He also bricked up and filled a foundation for my new laundry.
I am excited!
For the first time in my life I will have a dedicated laundry!
I look forward to that!


The new door is where the original kitchen door was when we 
bought the house thirty years ago.
We bricked it in to make an open-plan kitchen/diningroom/lounge.

Glenn, Sylvester and Ishmail (Doug's workers)
laying the drain for the new shower.



The missionaries dropped in and lent four more hands when 
Glenn was working on the new back door.
The style of the back door is like the front door.
It is called a "Happy" door.
I must say both doors make me feel happy.

The missionaries came again a little later for supper last night.
One is from Palau, one is from Samoa.


Today Sylvester and Ishmael laid the foundation for my new laundry.
And now they are digging the trench for the pipes for the 
new kitchen on the other side of the house.


I said to Glenn... "It feels like we never left and went away!"
Strange feeling.
I'm so glad we went.

I hear thunder outside...
Lovely!

We need rain.
It is blazing hot.
The spring leaves are all green but Doug says we need rain.
We always need as much rain as will come our way.
I hope we are utilizing it better and better in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment