Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Redhill and Southampton Stroll

Some Southampton details...

We had some time to wait at the ferry port.
I decided to take a stroll.

Interesting.
I said to Glenn
"I have no phone... and no way of letting you know if I need you.
I have no means of telling the time either.
I will walk up this street and down back again."

These first few pictures were of a stroll we took in Redhill,
before catching the train to Southampton.
and from the ruin onward is my Southampton.

 




Here is my Southampton stroll.
This is right across the road from the ferry port.













The way they "Think Safety" here is interesting.
This is a building site.






I stopped at a Church and took a peek inside.





I love the hanging baskets of flowers all around.


I wonder when this wonderful gate was created?

 
Older building and newer right next to each other.


And I am back to the ferry port.





And onto the car ferry after meeting up with Patrick.

It is the week of the Isle of Wight Bestival so there are and will be
hordes of people there for the few days of the Bestival
(The Bestival is something like Woodstock I believe...)





Lovely sunset again.



We approach the ferry port on the Isle of Wight.



We drive off the ferry.


And off to Patrick and Angela for our last week with them.

The sunset continues.
The daylight here changes at the rate of two minutes a day
or an hour a month.
So in the almost three months we have been here we have had the
days become almost three hours shorter.
At the moment they are about equal in length.


 Back to Patrick and Angela's home for the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment